New Releases and Updates
ProVision WMS V.2.2.4 P8 Release Notes
- New detailed order view – This new grid view of the order screen will provide a flat grid of order header and order line detail in the same panel used for reporting and planning.
- Item Master Automatic Holds – Adding the “EXPIRY DATE (INCL. MIN EXPIRY DATE CALCULATION” and the other date options to the automatic hold option list.
- MY Pick – This feature provides information about who is proactively assigned orders to pick, and who is actively picking orders.
a) Administrators can assign orders to pickers on the order manager b) RF Pickers can pick orders from a list of assigned orders for picking, from the “Auto Select” option under the “outbound” menu c) RF users can scan multiple orders into their MY PICK bucket, letting administrators know which orders have been self-distributed by the users. Under the “outbound” menu option, select “0”, a single zero. This will open the “My Pick” option
- Here, a picker can assign order to themself by scanning the order numbers one by one. This assignment will be displayed on the order grid as the assigned picker.
- Printed Flag – There is a new field in the order manager that indicates the order has been printed.
- Modifications to Location setup
- Pick sequence and putaway sequence – Any blank values in the sequence fields will be automatically converted to “zzzzzzzzz”. This represents the last possible sequence value configurable.
- Location updates – A new location update utility makes it easier to update many locations simultaneously with the same values. It uses the new grid system for easy filtering and grouping. Once the locations are selected, right click to find the “UPDATE Locations” Select and edit the values you want to change.
PV 2.2.4 P7 Release Notes
- Recording and storing pallet types during receiving and anytime after using the PC and RF device.
- Enhance LOAD task to include
- a) Recording and confirming of Dock Door
- b) Record pallet type
- Import a list of pallet ID’s into an order to act as a pallet reserve pre-picking. The order detail can be empty. The import of the palletID’s will create the order line numbers. Currently, this is only available for manual order entry.
- Ability to Copy existing PO and Order using right click.
- Addition of Shipment user fields that are initially copied from the order header and accessible from the shipment management form and the right click multiple shipment modify parameter form.
- Enhanced Paper Pick option that will allow a paper pick to be completed on the PC in full or partially. Paper picking from pallet ID is not currently supported.
- New RF pallet building utility. Easily create new pallet ID with fewer scans.
PV 2.2.4 P5 Release Notes
- Enhances Error message alerting on the RF guns whenever there is an error to report to the user. Triple beep will sound and the error message will be highlighted text.
- A new option to select multiple pallets to move in the pallet move screen. Great for moving full pallets out to a trailer or bulk area.
- An enhancement to allow admin to rename item code even when there is inventory, open Orders and Pos.
- The ability to ship a carton individually with a single scan. Designed primarily for conveyor processing with fixed scanner automation implementations.
- New simplified billing module setup and the ability to produce a PDF invoice.
- The “Ship” workflow task can now be configured for “automatic start”
PV 2.2.4 Release Notes
- Align Lot Rotation Key of existing lots.
- Import Warehouse Locations utility.
- Lot rename utility
- New Count profile configuration
- New Grid technology throughout
- Count back functionality
- Billing module Enhancements
- Pick Line notes on RF screen
PV 2.2.3 Release Notes
- Web Portal enhancements
- Full Serial number tracking
- Single scan functionality.
- The warehouse operations can be configured to operate using a single scan operation that can contain multiple data elements. The data elements that can be included in the barcode are “Item code”, “Lot”, “Qty”, “serial number”
- Proof of Delivery with PDA signature capture
- Single order with partial-shipments
- GTIN support.
- Item cross-references can now be linked to a specific Unit Of Measure.
- In addition, each Unit of Measure can have specific dimensions/weight.Users set this up using a PC or using RF.In addition, users have the option of recording UOM dimensions/weight during the receiving process.
- When a user scans a barcode that is linked to a specific item/uom, the system automatically knows the base UOM quantity being handled since the UOM factors have been defined in the item master.
- Enhanced put-away logic
- This has more flexibility and can be item/uom specific.
- Users can define different putaway rules when dealing with Eaches vs Cartons vs Pallets.The putaway logic is used during receiving or moves.8. Enhanced picking logic.There are more options available and different picking logic can now be assigned to different items.9. This is where a serial number has a variable quantity of eaches.Support for Variable-qty serial numbers
10. Receiving has been enhanced to:
- Optionally set a flag stating that all inventory being received must be placed on a pallet
- Optionally set a flag which will check if there are any orders that require inventory being received. This can result in either the inventory being left on a floor or picked/staged right away. This can prevent pickers from having to travel to racks to retrieve the inventory required for orders. This actually works like a scaled-down cross-dock. 11.Multi User Pick (RF Directed)
Allows multiple RF users to pick same order simultaneously
- This works with RF users restrictions. Example User 1 is restricted to picking in Zone A and User 2 is restricted to picking in Zone B
12. Pre-Stage orders –
The ability to move picked pallets or cartons to a new location after the pick is complete.
13. Preserve Pallet Id-s in Picking.
This allows users to preserve the pallet id that they are picking from. This also allows for pallet spitting where a user can remove some inventory from a pallet and take the remaining qty on that pallet (thus preserving the pallet id).
Eg. If a pallet has 100 eaches and the demand is for 90, user can be informed that they could take the whole pallet BUT they need to take 10 eaches off that pallet first)
14. Bartender label link within the WMS. We can now invoke Bartender labels from within the WMS application.
15. Shipment Consolidation. There are 2 parts to this:
- Master BOL. This is a grouping of shipments that are processed as a single shipment. This is generally done when you have several orders being shipped to the same destination.
- Load Shipping. A load is a grouping of shipments that are shipped at the same time but they are all individual shipment (Where as Master BOL consolidates them into one shipment).
Load processing can also create partial shipments if allowed.
Users can specify which shipments are to be loaded as part of a specific load. When the load is closed, the system determines if any shipments are only partially loaded.
In these cases, the system will create a second shipment for all inventory that was not confirmed as loaded (ie. Confirmed via load CLOSE process).
When a load is shipped, all shipments that are part of the load are shipped)
16. Enhanced Pickline (Primary Picking Location) replenishment. This enhancement allows RF users to gather inventory to be replenished for several pickline locations. Prior to this, the system was performing a SINGLE move for each pickline. IE. User had to take inventory and replenishes one pickline location at a time.
In this release, users can take inventory that is required for different pickline locations and then distribute the inventory accordingly (Being guided by the system).
17. Added new Location Contents inquiry type view
18. New parameters used with RF transaction number selection. Users can configure in which order RF users should be prompted for a document number being processed. For example: users can state that during receiving, prompt for the PO by ERP Po number and then WMS Po number or vice-versa.
19. Multiple line parameter update in order and batch processing screen
20. Pickline putaway validation enhancements.
The system will NOT allow user to put inventory into a pick line location that is designated for another item regardless if the pick line location has inventory in it or not.
21. Mass updates in Manager screens, (select multiple transactions and right click on the main grid).
22. Item Master listing and export to Excel is now available from Item master.
23. Order Picking (single order directed and passive picking) allows users to pickup existing pallet and or carton.
24. Allocate/unallocated item to/from orders on one screen (Available in Item Demand, Lot Balances Viewer and Order Manager)
25. Enhances MULTI-MOVE to preserve the last location moved from and allows the user to just press enter to move more inventory from the last location moved from.
a) The last location moved from, resets when user drops inventory and continues to do moves.
26. When counting ‘Location’ or ‘Cycle’ counts, users can select to count HOLDS ONLY, NO HOLDS or ALL
27. Un-receiving (on the PC) will now accept a quantity with maximum length of 10 characters
28. New Pallet format validation added to Client Master setup. It is now possible to specify the PICKED to, or Received From Pallet id format for the client. In the client setup there are 2 pallet id formats that can be specified.
- Inventory Pallet id
- Picked to Pallet
29. WMS location count process will now allow the RF user to register a count of 0 for a location a location being counted that has no inventory and is expecting 0